Go Paperless and Green Up Your Spring with Chambers Bank eStatements
If you’ve been putting off switching from paper banking statements to electronic ones, we can understand. Many of us are accustomed to receiving important documents by mail; it’s what we grew up with, especially when it comes to banking. But we have to say—Chambers Bank eStatements have a lot of great benefits, from convenient receipt and storage options to added security, 24-7 access, and more. We think that once you sign up for eStatements, you’re going to wonder why you didn’t do it earlier!
And to make your spring a little greener, here's a great bonus: If you sign up for Chambers Bank eStatements between March 1 and June 30, 2022, we will plant a tree in Arkansas in honor of your sign-up.
Want to learn more about signing up? We’re spelling out all the great details here:
Getting the banking information you need is as easy as “point and click” with Chambers Bank eStatements. Instead of waiting for your monthly or quarterly statements to arrive in the mailbox, you can instantly view and download yours each time they become available. First, you’ll receive an email as soon as your statement is available. Then, you can simply click on the Documents icon in Online Banking to open your statements and review your transactions. If you need to print copies, you always have the option to do that too—and the last 18 months of statements are available to you anytime you need to access them.
Curious about how to manage and save your eStatements? You can do so in a variety of ways, such as moving them to a computer folder or loading them onto an external flash drive. The most important thing is to make sure your statements are secure, and that means changing your online passwords regularly and keeping your device’s security software and updates current. For some tips on how to improve your digital document management, check out this informative article in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Remember the last time you cleaned out your file drawers? Or maybe you’ve got a stack of things “To File” that haven’t made it anywhere yet. All things considered, we know it doesn’t take long for that paperwork to add up. That said, do you want to spend time continuously sorting and shredding paper, or would it be easier to just send unneeded documents to your computer’s Recycle Bin and hit “Empty?”
Speaking of paper, the library at the University of Illinois has some interesting facts about U.S. paper consumption. For one, although the U.S. makes up just 5% of the world’s population, we consume 30% of the world’s paper. Also, about one-half of our nation’s paper production can be attributed to the manufacturing of printing and writing paper. Wow!
If these factors have you thinking about reducing your paper use, you can start by signing up for Chambers Bank eStatements. It’s fast, it’s easy, and it’s secure!
Each time a Chambers Bank customer signs up for eStatements between March 1 and June 30, 2022, we will commit to planting a tree in Arkansas to honor our banking community’s movement toward sustainability. We believe that, over time, our combined efforts can help conserve resources by both eliminating paper waste and rejuvenating our important green spaces.
Here’s how our tree planting campaign will work: Once eStatement sign-ups end on June 30, we will add up the total number of new eStatement participants and purchase one tree for each sign-up received. We will then plant these trees in the communities where we have branches.
Be sure to keep watch for news and photos of our upcoming tree planting efforts! In the meantime, we’d like to share some important facts about our Arkansas nature spaces:
- The Arkansas Natural Heritage Commission maintains 77 natural areas across the state that you can explore, covering over 70,000 acres.
- Arkansas is home to four species of threatened mammals, five species of threatened birds, and eight species of threatened fish, crayfish, reptiles, and amphibians–among others. Here is a full list of our state’s threatened species.
- The Nature Conservancy and its partners have planted over 30 million trees across Arkansas over the past few decades to help protect and restore our state’s waterways.
Now that you’ve learned some great reasons to sign up for eStatements, follow the steps here and join us in making our world a little greener!
- Log in or register for Chambers Online Banking.
- Select More from the menu on the top-right of the page.
- Select Customer Service from the menu on the top of the page.
- Select Document Delivery from the subsequent Settings menu.
- Choose account(s) you wish to change and select Online as the Delivery Method.
- Read and Acknowledge the Statement Service Agreement and Disclosure. (Note: You must click on the Statement Service Agreement and Disclosure link before you can check the box for acknowledgement.)
- Click Submit.