Some Things in Life Actually Are Free. Like E-Statements!
You’ve probably heard the old adage that says, “Nothing in life is free,” but you know what? When you sign up for Chambers Bank eStatements, you really do get something for free! There’s no cost to enroll, and you won’t see any maintenance fees or service charges. You will see time- and space-saving benefits that we know you’ll love.
So what are you waiting for? It’s time for you to go paper-free and sign up for Chambers Bank eStatements!
What is an eStatement?
A Chambers Bank eStatement is simply an online version of your monthly or quarterly Chambers Bank account statement, viewable through Chambers Online Banking. An eStatement has the same look as your paper statement but comes in a convenient, digital format that can be downloaded and saved or printed out. Chambers Bank eStatements are made available to members earlier than paper statements, shortly after the monthly or quarterly cycle ends.
Reasons people don’t sign up for eStatements
Avoiding sign-ups for digital financial services and benefits is sometimes just a matter of forgetting or being busy, but there are many other reasons people don’t enroll, such as:
“I will forget to open my statements online.”
“It’s not secure. I don’t want my account to get hacked.”
“This is the way I’ve always gotten my bank statements.”
“I’m not paying for any more services.”
If any of these comments sound familiar to you, it’s time you learn more about the benefits of receiving eStatements …
Why you need to sign up for eStatements
Enrolling in eStatements is quick and easy through Chambers Online Banking. All you need is at least one Chambers account, meet the minimum age requirement of 18, and be enrolled in Online Banking.
Here are some of the amazing benefits:
- eStatements are FREE. That’s right. Chambers Bank does not charge you fees to enroll in or receive eStatements. Once your statements are available each month or quarter, you can download them or print them off as you wish. Also, you can always view the most recent 18 months of statements through Chambers Online Banking.
- Your information is secure. Unlike paper statements that can get lost, stolen, or accidentally thrown in the trash, your eStatements are safely stored on Chambers Bank computer servers. Between our online security features and multifactor authentication practices, your banking information is always kept safe.
- 24-7, Anywhere access. You can view your Chambers statements any time of day, no matter where you’re at. With this ease of access, you can review transactions sooner than if you’d have received paper statements—a benefit that allows you to check for unauthorized transactions and fraudulent activity earlier. As a prompt, you will receive an email each time a statement becomes available.
- Less clutter. Paper waste around the home contributes to a lot of frustration for many people. It takes time to open mail, sort paperwork, and decide where it all goes. With eStatements, you’ll cut down on paper clutter, reduce time spent organizing, and eliminate the need to shred or dispose of old documents.
- Less environmental waste. It takes 24 trees to make one ton of paper, which equals about 200,000 sheets of paper in all. And these numbers only factor in tree consumption, not paper production costs or document mailing costs. When you sign up for eStatements, you are helping reduce our global consumption of paper and helping conserve our precious natural resources.
How to Manage Your eStatements
Once you decide to go paper-free, it’s good to have a management system in place to help keep your finances in order. Follow these tips after you enroll:
- Create a digital filing system for your accounts. Organize your files by account or by month and save them on your computer or on a flash drive. For extra protection, secure your folders and files with strong passwords.
- Open and reconcile your account statements each month. Once you receive an email notification that your statements are ready, be sure to open and review them for accuracy.
- Keep your digital device credentials up to date. If you’re accessing and storing financial information on your computer, remember to keep your antivirus software current and allow automatic updates so your operating system stays current. On a mobile device or smartphone, make sure you’re always downloading the latest operating system updates.
- Keep your contact information current. If you start using a new primary email or get a new phone number, make sure to update Chambers Bank with this new information. Account statement notifications are received via email, so if you don’t share your new email, you won’t know when your eStatements are ready.
It’s Easy to Sign Up for eStatements
Now that you’ve learned about all the great benefits of eStatements, it’s time to sign up. Follow these instructions to get started on your paper-free journey:
- Log in or register for Chambers Online Banking.
- Select More from the menu on the top-right of the page.
- Select Customer Service from the menu at the top of the page.
- Select Document Delivery from the subsequent Settings menu.
- Choose the account(s) you wish to change and select Online as the Delivery Method.
- Read and Acknowledge the Statement Service Agreement and Disclosure.
- (Note: You must click on the Statement Service Agreement and Disclosure link before you can check the box for acknowledgment.)
- Click Submit.